Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Daddy, I love you and I will miss you so much...


CWO II John Kenneth Barnett Sr. December 25, 1935 to June 20, 2009






















Yesterday on June 22, 2009 my family buried one of the most honorable and decent men that ever walked the face of this earth. John Kenneth Barnett Sr. Retired US Army Officer died on June 20, 2009 after a year and a half long battle with pulmonary hypertension. His heart gave out Saturday morning around 7:oo. He left that battled body to spend a glorious Father's Day weekend with his Heavenly Father in a new body that breathed pure air and gave him no pain.


There is so much I could say about my dad. I wish I could tell you word for word what was said about him at the funeral yesterday. The words were so amazingly perfect. He was the best father, the best husband, the most amazing pappy to his 28 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. For the 5th one that was born yesterday on the day we buried him, I feel such a tremendous loss for. He will never get a chance to know this awesome man personally. He will be blessed to learn of him from the many, many family members who did know and love him so very much.


My dad was a most honorable patriot and soldier of the US Army. He loved this country. Over the years his disappointment with our government and politicians never caused his love for the country to waiver. In so many ways he truly was all about serving. He proudly gave this country 20 years of his life and he loved, absolutely loved being a soldier.

More than that, my dad absolutely loved his family. Every single member was precious to him and they all know it. From my dear mother who spent nearly every second of every day and night over the last year and a half caring for him to the former grandchild, former because due to the marriage that ended her "legal" tie to our family over 14 years ago. She was there with us crying and missing him like the rest of us, because we all have lost this beautiful amazing man from our lives until we all meet again in Glory. I have even more reason to look forward to that day now. I can't wait to hug him again. I thought about it yesterday. He was sick for so much time I can't really remember the last real hug I got from my dad. He could hardly stand, for several months now so the hugs weren't what the use to be. I will though, I will get a marvelous hug one day and it will be wonderful.


Daddy, I hope you knew how very much we love and already miss you. But don't be sad, enjoy heaven, we'll be there in what I hope to you is only a moment. You deserve this. No pain, no sorrow and beautiful pure air. I can only imagine what that first, second and third breathe must have been like for you when you entered heavens gates. I'm so glad you have that. Your mom, your dad, your precious daughter Brenda and so many more, what a reunion you are having. You must have met Jesus face to face by now, and our Father. Oh what a glorious time for you!

Until I get to enter those gates, I'll miss you and I'll love you. I'm so very proud that I was able to call you my dad.



"What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see

when I look upon His face, the one who saved me by His grace.

When He takes me by the hand and leads me to the promised land.

What a day, Glorious day, that will be."





5 comments:

  1. Heidi

    I read about your dad. I hope it is a comfort to know that someone from etsy, who didn't even know him was charmed to read about his life. May God bless and comfort you as you grieve for him.

    Claire from Heartspace (Etsy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. He sounds like a wonderful man and that he will be missed. Take care~~ Maryann thelostfound.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi: Heartfelt condolances on the loss of your dear Dad. Sounds like a lovely person who will be missed greatly. How wonderful that he leaves behind such a large family to tell his story & keep his memory alive. No one who is remembered is ever really gone from us! LynnAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful memories and such emotion coming through your thoughts. May God comfort you through this.

    Amie

    www.iamalive.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute you have given to your father. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete